WHEN: Thursday September 28, 2017
WHERE: Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, 333 W College Avenue, Appleton
Speaker Agreement Terms
Northeastern Wisconsin has many great technology conferences hosted by the best in the business, and now it has a conference focused on the IT professional, not just the business that professional works for. This conference is designed to share knowledge in a professional development atmosphere allowing IT professionals to network with their peers and learn new insights to propel the business that employs them to the next level. In partnering local IT professional organizations, businesses, and high quality speakers together, there is value for all professionals in the IT sector.
Approximately 300 IT professionals are expected to attend the event which will include a Security Panel Breakfast, keynote and breakout speakers, business expo, and IT professional organization partner expo.
As you can imagine, with hundreds of IT professionals in attendance, many individuals seek speaking opportunities. Consideration will be given to individuals with a demonstrated commitment to partnering organizations once content has been reviewed. Priority will be given to ALL conference sponsors and exhibitors who submit a speaker proposal for the conference. Please be aware that all submissions will be considered carefully for inclusion in the conference program, but this does not guarantee acceptance.
Conference Theme: “Pardon the Disruption”
Conference sessions allow attendees to hear and ideally experience the latest technology trends all showcasing what it means to future IT professionals and organizations.
This year's theme centers around the thought that all new technologies and processes are going to cause some form of disruption in business. Knowing and sharing the best practices to lessen this disruption, while implementing innovation is the focus.
Conference tracks for 2017 include:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Internet of Things (IoT) & Big Data
- Virtual & Augmented Reality
- Dev Ops & Automation
- All Things Cloud
- Mobile & App Development
- Leadership & Talent
Technology Hub Conference requires that all information be presented in an educational, non-commercial, non-self promotional manner. Promotional presentations will adversely affect future speaking opportunities. Last minute adjustments to speakers will not be the determination of the individual or group submitting the presentation, but will be rest with the judgement of the Technology Hub Conference Committee.
Speaker responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide a biographical summary of 100 words or less written in the style to serve as your speaker introduction (3rd person tense)
- Whenever possible, you should submit titles that pique the curiosity of potential attendees
- For your session content, descriptions should be concise, specific and clearly define the benefit to the potential audience. You may also list what the attendees will learn in the session.
- You are responsible for providing handouts if they are part of your presentation.
- Use of the Technology Hub PowerPoint theme for your slide deck presentation.
- A copy of your slide deck provided to Technology Hub no later than September 15, 2017. The slide deck will be available to attendees to download on the day of the event.
Conference delegates attend the Technology Hub Conference to gain access to timely, informative, leading edge information and education that can be found nowhere else. They use this information to shape business practice, improve performance and knowledge, and enhance their professional skills.
Topics are selected based on demonstrated audience interest and reflect the ongoing focus and mission of the Technology Hub Conference. Innovation, originality and timeliness of material are also considerations.
All proposals are first screened by the Technology Hub Conference Advisory Committee and subsequently referred to the appropriate sub-committee for peer review. Speakers may be contacted by a member of the Advisory Committee for further information or clarification. Those speakers who are selected will be notified by the Conference Committee and will receive additional information and instructions.
- Complimentary Conference Registration (includes all conference food functions and special events during your stay around your scheduled session)
- One (1) night’s complimentary lodging at the conference hotel for speakers more than 2 hours from the conference location
- Standard Audio/Visual for your conference session (screen & projector only, if speakers required, please let us know)
- Speaker Lounge/Ready Room during the conference